Click column header to sort
The ideal Labour Foreman has a strong desire to lead a team with many moving pieces and possesses an in-depth understanding of construction procedures, practices, and principles. This position provides an exciting opportunity to coordinate, mentor, and develop a crew of up to 6 Labourers, while ensuring high importance to safety. The Labour Foreman will be a part of the project team working on a multi-phase residential development in North Vancouver.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with hand and power tools, special construction machinery;
- Load and unload construction materials;
- Ensure the site is maintained in an orderly fashion;
- Delegate work to labourers under your supervision
Working closely with the Crane Operator and our formwork team, the Rigger will be responsible for the usage, safety, and reliability of rigging equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Align, level, and anchor machinery and control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings and confined spaces;
- Attach loads to rigging equipment to provide support and preparation;
- Inspect and logging daily rigging inspections;
- Assist with general site cleanup and daily maintenance of rigging equipment using hand and powerful tools;
- Organize and store rigging equipment;
- Ensure all work is done according to project and safety instructions.
The Regional Health and Safety Manager is responsible for a portion of Bosa Construction’s projects ensuring the sites are following all HS&E procedures and exceeding safety targets. You will be working closely with the Executive Leadership, Director of Safety, and formwork crews to safeguard all projects under your portfolio.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, train, and mentor the HS&E team across projects to support the project management and formwork crew in ensuring safety procedure is being followed;
- Advise on safety investigations, reporting, training requirements and process and ensure follow up actions are taken;
- Implement procedures and develop initiatives that are in compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and corporate safety policies;
- Measure and evaluate overall HS&E performance, and deliver solutions and advice for inefficiencies to senior leadership of related teams;
- Conduct spot checks with work sites to ensure compliance, including assessing safety protocol of formwork team.
Bosa Construction is looking to bring an Estimator on board to support and streamline the costing process on Bosa's growing pipeline of projects, from masterplan wood-frame communities to high-rise luxury towers and almost everything in between. Our estimating team plays a key role in preconstruction by analyzing and aligning trade budgets with project requirements, and effectively communicating project estimate details to clients/owners, architects and other project stakeholders.
- Use knowledge of construction methods to determine the most cost-effective approach;
- Review designs to identify opportunities for cost savings;
- Coordinate and assemble estimating input and quantities;
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules, including major activities and phasing;
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis;
- Communicate with subtrades to assist in budgeting to ensure they understand their scope of work;
- Review bid packages from sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Assist in monitoring escalation trends;
- Attend design meetings with Owner and Consultants as necessary.
Bosa Construction is growing its institutional division with a Senior Project Manager as continue to diversify our business. Reporting to the Vice President and Director, the Senior Project Manager will lead the full construction process of this project and strive to exceed clients’ and owners’ expectations by ensuring quality, design and construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner. With the support of an established project team, the successful candidate will:
- Provide strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved;
- Plan and oversee the end-to-end construction delivery by identifying project risks, developing project plans and implementing contingency plans;
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships, resolving issues, managing client expectation, and ensuring client satisfaction;
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project;
- Ensure approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes and our standards for project excellence are maintained;
- Develop and maintain the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates;
- Maintain, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings;
- Manage the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards.