The Project Manager provides overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. The Project Manager is the front-line contact with consultants and the Owner, and is therefore responsible for promoting and projecting the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projectsare delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management tominimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Operate Liebherr 290HC tower crane to complete last few floors on our 30 storey Coquitlam Hi-Rise
- Complete out daily /weekly logs as well visual safety inspections
- Work with experienced riggers
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubricating cranes
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the Construction Technologist will be responsible for detailed concrete qualities take-off and costing process on commercial and residential construction projects. He or she will effectively communicate project estimate details to the team, clients/owners and other key stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare/coordinate detailed concrete quantity take-offs.
- Cost out concrete quantities & equipment requirements
- Prepare & Review bid packages for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis.
- Read all general and technical specifications.
- Understand construction procedures & methodology
- Ability to identify problem areas, missing details, etc.
- Prepare preliminary construction schedule.
This position offers endless exposure to all areas of carpentry and formwork, opening many doors to those looking to start their career in construction. Working with Bosa Construction means you are guaranteed to work on unique projects and will be training and learning from the best. The main responsibility of a labourer is to support the carpenters and sub-trades. You will be working with your hand and power tools, helping with framing, forming and interior finishing, and loading and unloading materials.