Click column header to sort
Bosa Construction is looking for Tower Crane Operators to join the team. Responsibilities will include:
- Complete out daily /weekly logs as well visual safety inspections
- Work with experienced riggers
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubricating cranes
The Construction Layout Surveyor will be preparing and maintaining sketches, maps, reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to assume liability for the work being performed. Responsibilities include:
- Verify and monitor continuously the site layout as well as accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations and other geodetic measurements
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients and other stakeholders
Working closely with the Crane Operator, the Rigger will be responsible for the usage, safety and reliability of rigging equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Attaching loads to rigging equipment to provide support or prepare them for moving
- Inspect and log daily rigging inspections
- Assisting with general site clean up; Organize rigging equipment after use
This position offers endless exposure to all areas of carpentry and formwork, opening many doors to those looking to start their career in construction. Working with Bosa Construction means you are guaranteed to work on unique projects and will be training and learning from the best. The main responsibility of a labourer or carpenter's helper is to support the carpenters and sub-trades. You will be working with your hand and power tools, helping with framing, forming and interior finishing, and loading and unloading materials.
Bosa Construction is looking for Cement Finishers to join the team. The ideal candidate is one that can take instructions well and work in a group or individually. A successful candidate understands the value and significance of deadlines and standards and can always be counted on. As a Cement Finisher, you will be
- Chipping, grinding, parging, rub and patch
- Operating swing stages
- Grinding floors and applying self levelling
- Purging and finishing stairs
As an Apprentice Carpenter, your role is to construct frames/structure for casting of concrete during construction. You will be measuring, cutting, and shaping wood materials using tools and performing work related to forming, scaffolding, shoring and rough carpentry. The most important responsibility is to anticipate issues related to quality, safety, and deadlines and proactively communicate them to the Journeyman Carpenters and Site Foreman.
As an Journeyman Carpenter, your role is to construct frames/structure for casting of concrete during construction and working alongside Apprentice Carpenters as they gain the experience needed to be a Journeyman Carpenter. You will be measuring, cutting, and shaping wood materials using tools and performing work related to forming, scaffolding, shoring and rough carpentry. The most important responsibility is to anticipate issues related to quality, safety, and deadlines and proactively communicate them to the Site Foreman.
The Project Manager provides overall direction for assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers, and sub-trades, and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. The Project Manager is the front-line contact with consultants and the Owner, and is therefore responsible for promoting and projecting the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair management of trades and suppliers.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projectsare delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management tominimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the Formwork Estimator will be responsible for detailed concrete qualities take-off and costing process on commercial and residential construction projects. He or she will effectively communicate project estimate details to the team, clients/owners and other key stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare/coordinate detailed concrete quantity take-offs.
- Cost out concrete quantities & equipment requirements
- Prepare & Review bid packages for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Conceptual estimating from preliminary drawings through final cost analysis.
- Read all general and technical specifications.
- Understand construction procedures & methodology
- Ability to identify problem areas, missing details, etc.
- Prepare preliminary construction schedule.